Junior Associates at large law firms meet with partners and senior associates on a regular basis. The meetings often include the junior associate presenting information to the senior attorney.
These meetings are rare opportunities to create a positive reputation at the firm. Associates need guidance on how to facilitate these crucial meetings, how to best present their information and how to present themselves.
WE CAN HELP
Our instructors will help participants acquire the skills they need to effectively present at every meeting. In our class they will learn to:
HOW WE WORK
- Adjust their communication style to the style of the partner.
- Speak and gesture with professional, approachable body language.
- Ask appropriate questions to clarify assignments and preferences.
- Reference notes effectively during the meeting.
- Plan an agenda in advance of the meeting for more effective interaction.
- Handle tough questions and objections.
This is not a lecture course! Participants will spend most of their class time in coached exercises and videotaped role plays. They will learn by doing.
OUR UNIQUE FOLLOW-UP
A few weeks after the workshop, each participant will receive a personal DVD. The DVD will include their final taped role play edited to include additional coaching from their instructor.
The class is typically a half day (or two 1/2 days) in length for up to 12 associates.